Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strawberry Lemonade

Only on a unseasonably hot spring day would this be what I craved! And it helped that I had a 'strawberry treat' from Sharon on hand! This is a true creation, and it depends on your tastes...you can do it with other berries or limes or a combination of all of it!

Squeeze the juice of 4 lemons into a small mixing bowl (I use my small batter bowl) Press 5 large berries thru a sieve, if you have a few seeds it's not the end of the world, into the bowl with the lemon juice. With a whisk, slowly pour 3/4 cup sugar into the mixture,if it's too much sugar you can adjust it to your tastes. In a pitcher, fill with water 3/4 of the way full with cold water and stir in the juice mixture. Let chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving, I don't know why but it tastes better! Enjoy!!

Makes: a pitcher of Hot day relief!
From: Poffs Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment