Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cranberry Bread French Toast

 We love this time of year!! Not only is it Thanksgiving but that means that we get cranberry bread from Kyle! Normally we just toast it, but I had an idea! French Toast!! I took my inspiration from Grandma who always added just a few touches that make it yummy!
 Egg Mixture:
Eggs (depending on how much you are making is how many eggs you use, I have found that 3 eggs are good for a family amount)
Milk (I eyeball this...more milk than egg, I have also used eggnog or cream, if you are inclined!)
A good dash or 2 of Cinnamon
A splash of Vanilla
A splash of Orange Juice


Dip both sides of the bread in the egg mixture and cook on a hot griddle till brown, and flip. Watch the heat, so it doesn't burn.
Top with BUTTER, syrup (your favorite flavors), fruit , whipped cream, powdered sugar, your favorite toppings! And Enjoy!!

When the cranberry bread is out of season I love to slice French bread and use it. The crusty bread is really good! Sourdough is also yummy!


Makes: Breakfast for a family!
From: Grandma Winn

No comments:

Post a Comment