Friday, October 2, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake

This is another back of the box recipe that my momma used to make! They are always light and fluffy and really good just by themselves!

  • 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 1/3 cup Bisquick
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 Tablespoon sugar
  • 3 Tablespoon butter, melted
  • Whipped Cream
Mix strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar; set aside. I don't really measure sugar, I just sprinkle sugar and put in the refrigerator to soak. Heat oven to 425F.

Stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 Tablespoons sugar & butter Here is where I add a little more sugar ;0) until soft dough forms. It will be stickyish Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet I use my stone, it's seasoned so much I don't have to grease it.

Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. You can smell that they are done like cake. I will take them out just before they are just done, they stay light and fluffy and not crumble as much. Split warm shortcakes; spoon strawberries and whipped cream. For a special treat whip some cream with a little powdered sugar. Or the stuff in the can or Cool Whip  works too!

Makes: 6 big cakes I usually get 8-9 smaller for kids and to have left overs!
From: Momma (back of Biscuick box)

No comments:

Post a Comment