Monday, April 12, 2010

Chocolate Raspberry Martinis

After seeing this in my Season's Best book...I just had to make it!! And plan on making it often and sharing with friends!! (So double everything) ;0)

1 1/3 cups half & half (can use low fat)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bag frozen raspberries, thawed (the original says to use frozen in syrup, I haven't been able to find this and it works just as good with out the extra sugar)
6 oz raspberry vodka, divided
2 cups ice, divided
Optional garnish: fresh raspberries, mint, chocolate shavings

 Pour half & half in classic batter bowl, microwave uncovered for 60-90 seconds, just till beginning to simmer. Add chocolate chips and whisk with the stainless whisk until smooth. Pour half of the chocolate mixture into a shaker.

This is where I go rouge: Sometimes you don't have all of the tools, so you improvise! I do this 1st because I takes a little while and it's ready so you can just measure and shake! Take the thawed raspberries and press them thru a strainer like tool using the back of a spoon, to extract the juice. Discard the seeds. If a few seeds get in it's not the end of the world!

Using a jigger, measure out 3 ounces raspberry vodka. 1/3 cup raspberry juice, and 1 cup ice into shaker. Secure lid and shake what your momma gave ya! For about 1 minute or until ice is almost melted. Divide among 3 martini glasses and enjoy! Repeat again with rest of ingredients. Garnish with fresh raspberries, a sprig of mint and a little shaved chocolate. I love using my garlic slicer for chocolate, throw a few chocolate chips and it makes a lovely shaved garnish!

Makes: 6 martinis
From: Pampered Chef Season's Best Cook Book (I can't remember year)

No comments:

Post a Comment