Thursday, October 14, 2010

Biscuits and Gravy

This is a staple in our house. It's always a treat, for Saturday morning or a holiday breakfast, you can't go wrong with warm biscuits and sausage gravy! I blame my father for this one...Thanks Daddy!
Start by browning your favorite breakfast sausage (we like Jimmy Dean regular), it takes a while, so while it's cooking you can mix up the dough for biscuits, there are many ways to make these...some prefer from scratch, Bisquick or canned. I have no shame in making Bisquick...I like it and it works...if you are in a pinch drop biscuits are good! Bake while you are making the gravy.

Mmmm fresh out of the oven!

This is one of my all time favorite tools in the kitchen, shout out to Tupperware. This makes the magic...perfect gravy every time! I highly recommend every kitchen having one...I have 2. There are no real measurements...add flour and whole milk (I know, I'm not the dieter's friend), not equal parts, less flour than milk. After a while you can eyeball it...but you can always whisk in more flour or add more milk as needed.

Now, Shake it, shake, shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture!

Once the meat is browned, whisk in the flour/milk mixture.  It will thicken almost immediately. Stir well. Add more mik as needed.

Season to taste. I like a little gravy in my pepper. Let simmer to heat all the way through.


Split biscuits or crumble what ever you like and top with gravy! Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!!

Makes: 6-8 servings
From: Poff's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment