Monday, November 15, 2010

Pumpkin Roll!!!

I don't think I had ever had this until I went to work at Memorial Hospital and the lovely ladies of the auxillary would make this during Thanksgiving and sell them. I ordered one, one week and went back and ordered 2 more the next week. It wasn't until almost 7 years later when I tried to make one myself. They are quite easy and look stunning served! And are really good!
Dessert or Breakfast...it all works...snacks...

3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pure pumpkin
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, room temp
1 cup powdered sugar + sprinkling & garnish
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch pan; (I use my PC large bar pan) line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel (the cheap Ikea towles are great for this, I have 3 just to make these) with powdered sugar. Lay out on the cooling rack.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.

Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel, this can be tricky, I normally have Brent help me. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack. Or if in a hurry, place in the freezer.

Beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in small mixer bowl until smooth, I like to add a little milk if it's too thick. Carefully unroll cake. Spread filling over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.  Or chill in the freezer. I'm always in a hurry! Sprinkle with powdered sugar for decoration before serving.

Wait for the Oooos and Ahhhs...and Mmmm Nom Noms!

Makes: 12-8 servings (depending on how you cut it)
From: Libby's Pumpkin Label
(backside)

No comments:

Post a Comment