Friday, March 11, 2011

PANCAKES!

So, I'm a fan of Bisquick...but when it runs out you have to do something! And scratch is always good! This is the basic recipe from my Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book (ie Bible) I just add a few things to make them super fluffy! And of course there is always add ins! Mini chocolate chips, blueberries, banana slices, strawberry slices the options go on and on!!! This is a single recipe, I always double it because we eat LOTS of pancakes and they freeze wonderfully if there are leftovers.

1 cup flour
3 Tblsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
2 Tblsp cooking oil
1 Tblsp lemon juice

In a medium mixing bowl mix together the dry ingredients. In another medium mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients. Add into the dry ingredients all at once. Stir (I use a whisk) to combine, it will be a little lumpy.

I have my Pampered Chef square griddle, that requires no greasing...but use your favortie method. Just make sure it's HOT. I have a wonderful table sized ladle that works WONDERFUL for perfectly sized pancakes. This is what I use, it's a little less than 1/4 cup...I don't know how many I get but the double batch is more than enough for my family of 5. Pour batter on hot griddle and let set until it bubbles...(I don't know about you but my 1st round is always a flop!) but turn and cook on the other side til golden brown. I also butter as I take them off the griddle...something my mom did.

If you want to add things in the pancakes, after you pour the batter you can add mixins at this point, before they bubble. I LOVE how blueberries get plump and yummy when heated! Yum! Serve warm with warmed syrup or your favorite toppings!

From: B H& G Cook Book modified by Poffs Kitchen!
Makes: 10 standard pancakes or A Happy Morning or Brenner!

No comments:

Post a Comment