Thursday, January 8, 2015

Chicken & Rice Soup

On a cold day or when everyone is sick with the flu this is a fantastic soup to whip up. It makes a lot, so you can share or have friends over. I took 3 different recipes and made something my family will enjoy.



The measurements aren't exact, like any good soup recipe. Add more or take away as you like. (Rough measurements for my largest pot)

Oilve oil (good drizzle)
Onions- chopped (2-3 large)
Carrots- diced (I cheat- a bag of carrot sticks cut up) 
Celery- diced (I cut them pretty small- 4-5 stalks) 
Chicken broth/stock (knorr pods-6)
Rotisserie chicken (2 small or 1 large)
Wild rice (2 cups)
Water
Salt & Pepper

In a large stock pot add olive oil to the bottom, sautée the onions, add the carrots stir constantly, add in celery last. I cook the vegetables down as my family doesn't like crunchy veggies, but the flavor. Throw a little small and pepper. While that is cooking take your chicken and tear it up! I remove the skin. Shred and add to the pot. Once this is all done add the liquid and stock. Let it all come to a rolling boil and add the rice. Cover and let simmer, you can eyeball if it needs more liquid. Salt and pepper more if needed. Serve hot with crusty bread! Enjoy! 

Serves: LOTS! With leftovers! 
From: Poffs Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment