Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Melted Witch Puddles



In celebration of the upcoming holiday season! Halloween and my favorite all time witch!
*Disclaimer*I will try to be true to where I got each idea and give credit where credit is due. If it's off line I will link you to it. I will also edit and tell you what I did different or changed anything and if it worked.
Melted Witch Puddles
  • 1 teaspoon water I found this to be too much
  • 4 drops yellow food coloring too much
  • 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut too much
  • 2 cups (12oz) semisweet chocolate chips 
  • 6 Tablespoons shortening, divided
  • 36 Oreos
  • 36 Bugles
  • 4 cups white chocolate chips
  • 36 pretzel sticks I got some honey wheat braided ones that were yummy

In a large resealable bag, combine water and food coloring; add coconut I would use half too much liquid. Seal bag and shake to tint, set aside. In microwave melt chocolate chips and 2 Tablespoons shortening, stir with spoon.


For witch hat, place about 1/3 cup chocolate mixture in plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner. Pipe a small amount  on cookie. Dip a bugle in some of the remaining chocolate, allow axcess to drip off. Position over chocolate cookie, forming hat. Set on wax paper to dry. Repeat with remaining cookies and bugles.


For brooms, melt white chips and remaining shortening, stir until smooth. Thought it would be neat to dye this green for future batches. Place mixture in a heavy duty plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe mixture  into the shape of a puddle onto wax paper. I used a spoon to dollip a little and the back to spread into shape, whatever's easier. Immediately place a hat on the puddle. Place a pretzel stick alongside hat; sprinkle reserved tinted coconut at the end of the pretzel. Repeat, chill for 15 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container.


Makes 3 dozen
From: Taste of Home Halloween Favorites 2006


I made this for our Halloween party in 2006, they were a huge hit!! Since I was dressed as The Wicked Witch from the West!

No comments:

Post a Comment