Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pasta Salad!

Yes! Summer is upon us!! I just LOVE pasta salad! It makes me happy! And can be made how ever you want! I stick to my favorite creation that I came up with for Brent's promotion party back in 2006. Enjoy!

Like most of my creations...there is no set ammount of what goes into this, just use you judgement, add a little more or a little less, have fun!
  • 1 package of tri-colored corkscrew pasta- cooked
  • 1 small-medium red onion- diced
  • 1 can black olives- sliced
  • 1 medium cucumber- diced
  • 1/2 lb cheddar cheese- cubed
  • 1/2 package pepperoni- cut into quarters
  • 1 package grape tomatoes- halved
  • Italian Dressing
It takes more time to do all of the prep work than it does to put it together. You can get most of the things pre-cut, but it's cheaper to do it yourself, and hey...you burn calories! ;0) I like to mix everything else up and toss while the pasta is cooling. Once cooled, toss the pasta to mix everything together. Now this is the tricky part, slowly add the dressing. I like more dressing. But if you just want to coat, slowly add and toss...you can always add a little more. Once this is done, it can be served right away or made the night before to marinate. This is always better the next day if there are any left overs!

From: Poff's Kitchen
Makes: 1 Large serving bowl of salad
*Can be easily doubled for a larger crowd, just do 2 bags of pasta and add more goodies!



No comments:

Post a Comment