Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken

Now, this is an oldie but goodie...I don't know where I got it from...It has many names...one of my favorite is 'Church of Christ Chicken' I tend to dissagree...the CofC wouldn't endorse such sinfulness! ;0) But what I do know is that it got the 'Mmmm nom nom mmmmmm' award from Aunt Donna B and the 'This is the best thing I've ever flopped my lip over' award from the Lady herself!
*This was made at the great gathering last July in Branson. It is super easy to double or triple. It's nice and light for a summer meal but can hold it's own for a fall meal. It's a good comfort food.

1 package of chicken breasts (3-4)
1 can cream of chicken soup (we use the low fat version)
8oz sour cream
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
1/2 stick of butter
poppy seeds

Cook the chicken, and cube it. Mix the soup & sour cream in a bowl, mix in chicken. Pour into a casserole dish. Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds. Melt the butter and crush the crackers. Spread the crumbs over the top and pour the butter on top. I like to sprinkle more poppy seeds on top. Bake 350 for 30 minutes.
While that is cooking make some egg noodles or rice to serve with.

Makes: 4-6 servings
From: Poff's Kitchen and many other kitchens


No comments:

Post a Comment