Monday, June 27, 2011

Cheesy Enchilada Filling

Our family has been being blessed every week with the gift of free bread from a mom at school. She is a Children's pastor and also does food runs for her food pantry at the Church she goes to. A happy meeting got me on her rotation, and I get to bless my friends with all the goodies as well! This week there were organic corn tortillas among the goodies. I saved them and thought I'll make something up. It's a treat to actually roll the homemade corn tortillas because of them coming out of the hot oil, into the mole and filled, it's like rolling fire! Since these were already cooked I thought why not make a nice filling for them and pour chicken mole over them and top with cheese, and bake! Another blessing came in the form of yummy steak from the Rosemans! So I rough cut the meat and used it inside instead. You gotta be flexible in the kitchen. Next time I'll do chicken mole. Everyone even the kids enjoyed it! So it will be made again!

Filling:
1 pound cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 can (small) green chilies
1/2 brick cream cheese (softened)

Take a good hand full and a half and put it for topping. Mix all the rest together in a bowl. There was enough to fill 24ish corn tortillas. Roll and sop with Mole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in 350 oven for 15-20 mins, to melt the cheeses.

It makes a really nice creamy filling that's not too overpowering.

Enjoy!

Makes 24 filled rolled corn tortillas
From: Poff's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment